We are interested in characteristic thermal phenomena in nanoscale systems and development of novel thermal management technology in semiconductors by nanostructuring. We develop energy-autonomous sensing systems with thermoelectric energy harvesters with several companies. We also investigate "Integrated Quantum Electronics", which enables new physics and technology by hybridizing quanta. Recently, we focus on photon-phonon hybrid quantum science using surface phonon polaritons.
We accept master and PhD students as well as post-doctral researchers. Please contact Prof. Nomura
- Assoc. Prof. Nomura has been promoted to a full professor. Congratulations!
- Mr. Koike, D2 student, won the Excellent Poster Award in the 6rd Phonon Engineering WS.
- "The University of Tokyo Komaba Research Campus Open House 2022" was held as a hybrid event. We opened our lab to the public at the site, and many people visited us.
- Prof. Park from the University of Utah has joined us as JSPS Invitational Fellowship for Research in Japan for the joint research.
- Dr. Sato's paper has been accepted for publication in Nature Communications.
- Dr. Zhang's paper has been published in npj Computational Materials (IF=13.2).
- Dr. Anufriev's paper has been published in NPG Asia Materials (IF=10.5).
- Prof. Nomura has been appointed Director of LIMMS/CNRS-IIS (IRL2820) International Collaborative Research Center.
- Dr. Zhang moved to a university in China, Ms. Tachikawa graduated with a doctorate and Mr. Nawae with a master's degree.
- Dr. Zhang's paper has been accepted for publication in npj Computational Materials.
- Dr. Anufriev's paper has been accepted for publication in NPG Asia Materials.
- Dr. Zhang's phonon coherence work was published in Phys. Rev. Lett..