We are interested in characteristic thermal phenomena in nanoscale systems and development of novel thermal management technology in semiconductors by nanostructuring. We develop energy-autonomous sensing systems with thermoelectric energy harvesters with several companies. We also investigate "Integrated Quantum Electronics", which enables new physics and technology by hybridizing quanta. Recently, we focus on photon-phonon hybrid quantum science using surface phonon polaritons.
We accept master and PhD students as well as post-doctral researchers. Please contact Prof. Nomura
- Dr. Anufriev has been promoted to Project Associate Professor.
- Mr. Ogawara, M1 joined our group.
- Dr. Jose Ordonez-Miranda, a visiting research fellow, joined our group.
- Ms. Singh, M1 joined our group.
- Prof. Nomura and Dr. Anufriev won Award for Best Review Paper, 42nd JSAP Outstanding Paper Award 2020.